Replacement Ropes for Wire Rope Hoists & Cranes
Wire ropes are prone to wear and tear over time, even when properly maintained. This leads them to be one of the most often replaced parts on wire rope hoists and cranes. Replacing your wire ropes when they become worn minimizes downtime, prioritizes employee safety and can maximize the lifespan of your hoist or crane.
Shupper-Brickle Equipment offers original equipment manufacturer (OEM) replacement wire ropes for all brands of hoists and overhead cranes. Replacing wire ropes can be a complicated task. You need to make sure you have the correct type, size, and length of wire rope and that it is properly installed. Contact us for questions on replacement wire ropes or call our Parts Department at (800) 642-7263.
Important Wire Rope Replacement Safety Tips
Please keep the following safety tips in mind when replacing the wire rope on your hoist or crane:
- The wire rope on a hoist must be replaced with the same part number and the same brand as originally provided on the hoist.
- For maximum safety, the wire rope must be replaced when even one strand of wire is broken. Refer to OSHA guidelines for construction (1926.1413) for more defined instances of deficiencies.
- Broken strands may be detected by allowing the wire rope to pass through a gloved hand holding a rag. The broken strand will catch on the rag.
Important Wire Rope Ordering Information
When ordering a replacement wire rope for your hoist or crane please keep the following in mind:
- Wire ropes are usually custom-cut to length and not returnable.
- Lead times vary by the manufacturer from 3 days for a rush order to 2 weeks.
- We recommend keeping extra wire ropes on hand to avoid down time.
Please note that information such as the length, diameter, and construction of wire ropes is proprietary and not disclosed by the manufacturer.
Order Hoist & Crane Parts from Shupper-Brickle Equipment
With over 50 years of industry experience, we know hoists! We are an authorized distributor of all major hoist and crane brands, offering new equipment, OEM parts and repair and installation services. We supply replacement wire ropes for models such as: Coffing EMW, Coffing WR, Coffing Cable Ratchet Lever, Chester Worm Drive, Electrolift Single Hook, Electrolift Twin Hook, Harrington RHA, Harrington RHN, Konecranes EXCXT, Konecranes CXT, R&M Spacemaster EX, R&M SX, R&M QX modular cranes, Saturn wire rope hoists, Shawbox 700 Series, Shawbox 800 Series, Shawbox World Series, Yale Cable King, Yale Global King, Yale Lode King, Yale Y800, and many others.
We specialize in manual, electric, and air-powered wire rope hoists and their components. Ever wondered: What's Killing My Wire Rope? Check out The Hoist Guy's Blog post on the topic! Or, learn more about Hoist Breakdown Prevention & Planning.