OSHA Fall Arrest Competent Person Training
Shupper-Brickle offers special fall arrest competent person training or training for personnel tasked with the oversite of fall protection systems and identifying potential fall hazards. OSHA defines a “Competent Person” as “one who is capable of identifying existing and predictable hazards in the surroundings or working conditions which are unsanitary, hazardous, or dangerous to employees, and who has authorization to take prompt corrective measures to eliminate them.”
Our competent person fall protection training consists of both hands-on and classroom instruction and is available in New Jersey, the greater NYC metro, the greater Philly metro, Delaware and eastern Maryland.
Fall Protection Competent Person Training
Shupper-Brickle Equipment’s Fall Protection Competent Person Training Course includes:
- Review of Key System Elements – Including the “ABCD’s of Fall Protection”, Components of a fall arrest system, Types of fall arrest systems, and how to use the equipment.
- Proper Functionality of Worn Components -- Including proper methods of donning, adjusting and interconnecting of the equipment; Proper attachment locations on the equipment; Compatibility of the sizes of snap hooks, D-rings, and other connections to reduce the probability of accidental disengagement.
- Critical Calculations – How to determine free fall distance, How to determine total fall distance, How to estimate and limit maximum arresting force to acceptable limits.
- Emergency Rescue Planning & Execution – Methods of rescue, Types of equipment for rescue, Rescue personnel and equipment availability, What to do after a fall to protect the user from injury.
- Documentation Provided: A certificate of completion will be provided for each individual who successfully completes our Fall Protection Competent Training course.
Contact us for training services throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, including New Jersey, the Greater New York City area, the Greater Philadelphia area, Delaware and Eastern Maryland.
Fall Protection Competent Person Training Course -
2023 rate: $2,000 / session
Shupper-Brickle Equipment’s OSHA Fall Arrest Competent Person Training Courses are available throughout New Jersey, the greater NYC metro, the greater Philadelphia metro, Delaware and eastern Maryland. To schedule your competent person training session, contact Shupper-Brickle’s Service Department at 800-64CRANE or 609-259-1223.
Or contact us through this website.