Overhead Crane Conductor Bar
Conductor bars supply electricity to a crane through an insulated bar installed along the bridge or runway. The “8-bar” insulated conductor bar for crane electrification was first introduced by Conductix-Wamphler in 1952 and continues to be a safe and economical method to provide electric power to overhead cranes. Since then, they have consistently set new standards for bar systems that are reliable and safe to operate in all kinds of environments.
Conductix-Wampfler Conductor Bar Systems
Conductix-Wampfler is the leading manufacturer of conductor bar systems for crane electrification and other mobile equipment. They now offer six unique systems for virtually any need from 100 to 1500 amperes and more, manufacturing the brands you’ve trusted for the past 60 years.
- SAFE-LEC 2 ® V-Contact Conductor Bar System - the new standard in overhead crane electrification. SL 2 is ideal for monorail and material handling system electrification as well.
- Hevi-Bar II Conductor Bar System - delivers the kind of reliable, high-capacity crane rail electric service needed by factories, mills, storage yards, people movers, and other rigorous applications.
- PowerGuardTM system -an engineered solution for removing power from a section of your conductor bar without having to shut down your entire runway. This system is perfect for runways with multiple cranes. You can safely service one crane and still keep your other cranes running.
- Optical Positioning System - Material handling systems, automated overhead cranes, and other automated machinery often need an accurate way to determine the exact position of the moving machines or elements. You can use this information to assure correct vehicle spacing, provide material storage locations, or to give position feedback. The Conductix-Wampfler Optical Positioning System (OPS) offers a complete solution to supply the needed position information along a fixed rail. You can integrate our OPS into new installations or easily retrofit it onto existing applications
- 8-Bar System - 60 years ago Conductix-Wampfler, under the name Rucker Insul 8® Corporation, was the first to develop the original "8-Bar" electric conductor bar. This innovative design greatly improved the safety of overhead crane electrification. Since then, hundreds of miles of 8-Bar systems have been installed and are in use all over the world. It is truly the industry standard!
- Conductix-Wampfler Side Contact Conductor Bar - is a variation of the 8-Bar system designed for lateral (side) entry of the collector. UL / CSA listed. Side Contact is ideal when there is insufficient room for standard "bottom entry" mounting and/or conductors must be more closely spaced than standard 8-Bar allows.
Overhead Crane Electrification Equipment & Accessories
Shupper-Brickle is an authorized distributor for Conductix, providing new equipment, system upgrades, components, accessories and repairs. Contact us for more information on options for powering your overhead lifting equipment.
To learn more, read our Hoist Guy's Blog Post: How are overhead cranes powered?